miércoles, 14 de septiembre de 2016

FAIL OF THE YEAR: Reading BEAUTIFUL DISASTER by JAMIE MCGUIRE

This is a romantic novel that had a lot of popularity among teenagers, confirming its adaptation to the cinema. I read it a weekend that I went to the countryside with my family. Among those, there was my little cousin of 13 years old who took this book to read. I wanted to read something so she lended this to me. I couldn't be mean towards her so I just read it.

It tells the story of Abby Abernathy, an 18-year-old girl who starts a new life in a new city, trying to escape from her dark past. Stravels from her hometown, Wichita, with her only and best friend, America, believing that moving will change the terrible memories. There, she meets Travis Maddox, also known as "Mad Dog" for participating in fights: A tall guy, with tattoos, law student, sexy. He is the type of guy who brings sighing to all the girls of the college. He has the reputation of a bad boy, just the kind of person Abby is trying to avoid. When Travis meets Abby, he immediately notices that he is not like the other girls. He approaches her trying to get to know her, but he gets a surprise when he is rejected. He used his charming abilities to continue talking to her and she starts a bet that begings with this Wonderful disaster. But, actually that is exactly what this novel is: a 'disaster', as it turns out to be a teenage cliché without any interesting foundation. Which brings me to give it 1 star. A Beautiful Disaster!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario