miércoles, 12 de octubre de 2016

BOOK OF THE PAST MONTH N°2: The Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King

In this entry we have another assignment that I got from my college subject, but this time we had to choose a book on our own. My sister is a big fan of Stephen King's books, such as The Shining, Carrie (which I will review later on) and others that I forgot now. So the day of that class, my classmate recommended this book to me, she didn't obsessed over it but it was a King's book so I told her to lend it to me. 
The book is really short. At least this one had a lot of images that made the story even shorter. I have to say that I got disturbed with so many images that interrupted my reading, so that was a feature I did not really enjoy. I finished the book in 3 days only in the bus rides. I remember I was reading and suddenly I was just starring out the window and not reading. I guess because I got dis

tracted (bored). Now I'll tell you a bit about the story itself.
It basically is the cycle of a man that turns into a Werewolf each time the full moon shines in the town of Tarker Mills. The cycles are divided by months, were there is a victim per month. The main character is responsible for capturing the werewolf that is attacking the town citizens. He discovers that the werewolf was someone who wasn't far away from him, he knew him (in human form).
Personally, I think the story is nothing out of normal. It pretty much sounds like a cliché movie of another decade. I used to lose my interest in it while reading it. I love the film versions of King's books, but this one I feel is not one of his best ones. 
I give this book 2 STARS :(

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario